ZINZINO – Balance Test
Zinzino’s BalanceTest is an easy self-test for analyzing the fatty acids found in capillary blood obtained from a fingertip using the Dried Blood Spot (DBS) technique.
A DBS is scientifically proven to be as accurate as a venous blood sample when fatty acids are to be analyzed. All it requires is a few drops of blood from the fingertip on a Whatman® filter paper and it takes less than a minute to complete.
Easy-to-use dried blood spot self-test
Measures 11 fatty acids in your blood
Provides data about your Omega-6:3 Balance
Taking the test
1. BalanceTest is an approved in vitro diagnostics product for personal blood sample collection at home.
– First wash your hands with soap and rinse well with warm water and dry them.
Take out the sample card from the paper envelope.
Save the envelope for later use.
Tear off the SAVE part on the sample card and take a picture of the Test ID. You can ONLY see YOUR test result with your PERSONAL Test ID. Place the card with the two circles facing up on the table.
2. Use alcohol wipe to clean the tip of your finger (middle finger is recommended).
Stimulate blood flow by making big circles with your arm or shaking the hand downwards for 20 seconds. Take out the single-use lancet. Remove the transparent safety cap and the lancet is ready to use.
3. Place the lancet against the lower part of the fingertip facing the collection paper on the table. Push the top of the lancet against the finger until you hear a click. The lancet will automatically make a small prick in the finger.
4. Don’t touch the filter paper circles with your hands. Squeeze the finger gently one time and add several, minimum 3, free dripping blood drops to each circle marked on the sample card. The blood should completely fill the inner part of the circles.
5. Leave the sample card in a horizontal position at room temperature for at least 10 minutes for the samples to dry well.
6. Insert the sample card back into the paper envelope. Then place the paper envelope into the metal bag and close it.
Important: Do not remove the desiccant bag from the metal bag.
7. Place the closed metal bag into the big envelope with the laboratory address on it. NOTE! You MUST put the correct amount of postage (stamps) on the envelope before you put in the mail box.
8. To register your Test ID online, visit www.zinzinotest.com. This is the website where you can see your test results later. It takes 10-20 days until your result are ready.
Important: Keep the SAVE part of the card. You can ONLY see YOUR test results on the internet with your PERSONAL Test ID.